Thursday, August 8, 2013

Island Paradise Makeover

So I've put the daunting prospect of filling my own world on hold. I'm not sure I'll actually finish Leaside though I want to. I'd really like to work on my Rorag world but that's also for later. For now I'm going to concentrate on building community lots. I don't have a lot of experience doing it and I think if I work on adding my own lots and activities to a world it may make building my own from scratch easier.

I've done lots of community lots so far but few are fully finished. Right now I'm working on replacing the pool lot in Isla Paradiso. I find the world heavily lacking in actual bars and clubs. Resorts are cool but I'd like to have a bit more of a realistic touch. Even vacations spots with lots of resorts have restaurants and clubs and bars too!

Here's the start of my pool lot. It's a rooftop pool! 

The idea behind it is sort of a cheesy touristy megaplex of a building all neon lights and bubble machines that all the hipsters poo-poo as lame and uncool. however it's that type of place that everyone's been to and visits anyway either out of serious interest or out of irony to make fun of the "douche-y crowd" lol. this is my vision of it anyway.




0 comments: